1. The literature submitted should be original work.
2. Please use the
link to the submission form to
submit your work. Submissions are no longer received by email.
2. Please submit a brief biography with your work.
3. Children are published by exception, and only with written
4. If submitting poetry, please submit your work in .txt format. Check to make sure that your alignment and
line breaks are correct. Alternatively, please
submit all of the work in one Microsoft Word document.
5. If you are submitting digital video poems, audio or animated
work, please provide a
link to the digital poem at YouTube.
6. Stories should be submitted double
spaced, and the journal does not accept novella or novel length
projects. Stories should be submitted in .txt format. Please make
sure that your paragraph breaks are correct.
7. Please submit your work to the
8. Writers are responsible for proofreading their own work.
A link to an online proof page will be sent by email to the writer a
week or so before the issue launches.
9. If your work has been accepted but does not appear in the
issue, please let Mary Ann Sullivan know. We are a volunteer group of
writers, the submissions are numerous, and the acceptance-to-publication
process is at times unwieldy.
10. We normally respond to submissions within one month. If
you do not receive an acceptance or rejection email after one month,
please contact us to ask about the status of your submission.
11. Simultaneous submissions are fine.
12. If your submitted work has been published elsewhere, please let us
know. Sometimes we accept previously published work because the more places a work is published the better it might be
for a writer.
The Tower Journal logo
was designed by graphic artist, Nathan Gams. Contact info and samples of
his work can be found at his website: